PR & Media
Public relations (PR) is the practice of managing the spread of information between an individual or an organization (such as a business, government agency, or a nonprofit organization) and the public.
Public relations may include an organization or individual gaining exposure to their audiences using topics of interest and news items that do not require direct payment.
This differentiates it from advertising. Public relations is the idea of creating coverage for clients for free, rather than marketing or advertising.
Public relations specialists establish and maintain relationships with an organization’s target audience, the media, and other opinion leaders via:designing communications campaigns
- writing news releases and other content for news
- working with the press
- arranging interviews for company spokespeople
- acting as an organization’s spokesperson,
PR is perfect for:
- The launch of a new product/service
- Initiation of new factories/offices
- Financial results
- Organization sponsored events or awards
- Launch of organization promotional campaigns
- Recent disasters, strikes or organizational closures
- Awards/accolades for a company
- Visits from company dignitaries/celebrities
- Involvement in local/community activities
- Community engagement